(Existing clients can schedule sessions here)
Hi, my name is Phil and I’m a certified coach.
Here’s what I like to share with people before we work together:
- About you. You’re smart, compassionate, want to make the world better, and are ready for growth in your life. Yes? Then I want to work with you! (As an aside, I have a soft spot for introverts, but in the end, if you’re ready to be challenged and to challenge me, let’s meet.)
- About me. I’m a meditator, a book nerd, and an introvert. If you need a drill sergeant/tough love approach, that’s fine, but it’s not me – my coaching is gentler.
- About coaching. The power of (good) coaching is that, unlike reading a book, it’s customized to how you learn and how you get things done, which allows us to create a tailor-made approach. And unlike with books, which so many of us read and don’t implement, good coaching helps you actually make changes and stick to them.
- What I don’t do. I’ve always been self-employed and have never worked in the corporate world, so I’m not a career or executive coach because I have no idea what that life is like (but I know some excellent coaches in that world if that’s what you’re looking for – just send me an email).
- What I do do. My specialties are life coaching and small business & entrepreneur coaching. I help you get clarity, discover what you really want, make tough decisions and big changes, break through the barriers and doubts that are holding you back, and figure out what you want to be when you grow up (whether you’re 25 or 65 ).
- My approach. My coaching approach/education is positive psychology coaching, using interventions that have been identified by research as being the most effective for helping you. That said, I also use some unconventional methods to help you think outside the circle. If you’re looking for personalized support in a confidential and non-judgemental environment, that’s what you’ll get here.
- Why choose me? Coaching is a personal relationship, so in the end, you’ll mostly just want to find someone you’re really excited to work with. If that’s me, great!
- Where we meet. Some people prefer the convenience and affordability of online sessions via phone (or Skype/Zoom), and there are advantages to that. That said, if you’re in T.O., I love meeting in person, which we do at CSI Annex (near Bloor and Bathurst), in your home/office, hiking through a forest, or any number of interesting spots around the city.
- When we meet. Coaching is a collaborative process, so we’ll figure that out together. It could be the conventional once/week for 60 minutes, but it could also be anything else, like daily for 15 minutes, monthly for a whole day, etc. And we may work together for just 1 month or it could be a year or more.
- Pricing. It depends on how much time we spend together, but so you have an idea, most clients are in the $400-$800/month range, but if you haven’t had a coach before or don’t already know me and what it’s like to work with me, that price range probably doesn’t really mean anything. So I usually like to do an introductory session for no charge so you can see what it’s like to work with me.
Feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Otherwise, the first step is to fill out the form below. These are worthwhile questions to consider regardless of whether we work together, so I’ll email you a copy of your answers.
P.S. If for some reason you’re feeling reluctant to reach out, I encourage you to do so anyway. Whether or not we end up working together, I’d love to hear from you.