(Existing clients can schedule sessions here)
Hi, my name is Phil and I’m a certified coach.
Here’s what I like to share with people before we work together:
- About you. You’re smart, compassionate, want to make the world better, and are ready for growth in your life. Yes? Then I want to work with you.
- About me. I’m a meditator, a book nerd, and an introvert. If you need a drill sergeant/tough love approach, that’s fine, but it’s not me – my coaching is gentler.
- About coaching. The power of (good) coaching is that, unlike reading a book, it’s customized to how you learn and how you get things done, which allows us to create a tailor-made approach. And unlike with books, which so many of us read and don’t implement, good coaching helps you actually make changes and stick to them.
- What I don’t do. I’ve always been self-employed, so I’m not a career or executive coach because I don’t know what that world is like.
- What I do do. My specialties are life coaching and small business & entrepreneur coaching. I help you get clarity, discover what you really want, make tough decisions and big changes, break through the barriers and doubts that are holding you back, and figure out what you want to be when you grow up (whether you’re 25 or 65).
- My approach. My coaching approach/education is positive psychology coaching, using interventions that have been identified by research as being the most effective for helping you. That said, I also use some unconventional methods to help you think outside the circle. If you’re looking for personalized support in a confidential and non-judgemental environment, that’s what you’ll get here.
- Why choose me? Coaching is a personal relationship, so in the end, you’ll mostly just want to find someone you’re really excited to work with. If that’s me, great!
- Where we meet. Some people prefer the convenience and affordability of online sessions via phone (or Skype/Zoom), and there are advantages to that. That said, if you’re in Toronto or London, Ontario, I love meeting in person, which we do in the Annex area (Toronto) or Byron area (London), or your home/office, or hiking through a forest if we can find one 🙂
- When we meet. Coaching is a collaborative process, so we’ll figure that out together. It could be the conventional once/week for 60 minutes, but it could also be anything else, like daily for 15 minutes, monthly for a whole day, etc. And we may work together for just 1 month or it could be a year or more.
- Pricing. These days, I charge $100 for a 90-minute session. Many of my coach friends charge $200-$400 per session and there are good reasons to do that but it’s never been appealing to me. I’ve always gravitated back down to $100 so that’s where it is.
Feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
P.S. If for some reason you’re feeling reluctant to reach out, I encourage you to do so anyway. Whether or not we end up working together, I’d love to hear from you.